Friday, November 4, 2016

Claire Walker

This one of the oddest dreams I've ever had, where I could recall as much detail as I am...

I was in an office building for a job interview. I don't remember the interview, since most of the dream was after it apparently. I apparently got the job and needed to walk across the floor to get my photo taken. The booth where the photos were taken also housed a local radio station that had two sets of call letters and frequency IDs. I don't remember what they were, only that they started with K (western half of the US). I got up to the counter and was asked my name. I said "Claire Walker." The guy smiled and went about his business. I left there and went over to a line where they were serving up espresso drinks.  The espresso bar was behind a thin barrier wall, which reminded me of the letter T. 

I got tired of waiting and figured I'd just grab a cup of coffee from somewhere else in the building, like from an guest-access coffee maker.  Plus, I had to go to the bathroom. I walked a short bit and took off the shoes I was wearing (kind of mid-height heels). I couldn't immediately find a restroom and decided to put the shoes right inside the door of a conference room. When I did so, I was carrying not only the heeled shoes but also sneakers, as though I was going to walk a lot after I left the building. 

At one point I looked down and realized the dress I was wearing had drooped a little in the front, and I adjusted it accordingly. This allowed me to see that Claire's body was fairly flat-chested, as well as had a thin, fit physique. I didn't, at any point, feel any hair on my neck or shoulders (I used to have long hair when I was younger), which made me assume that Claire also had short hair or it was pulled up. Anyway, I vaguely remember being in a restroom with at least one other woman. Throughout the entire dream, no one seemed to question that Claire was a woman, which told me that I was more of a first-person observer (looking through Claire's eyes for everything) than me, a guy, in a dress or in a transgender fashion. 

So, I finally made it out of the building on the ground floor (apparently without my shoes, although I remembered where I left them). The building was very tall, and I couldn't tell if the little area in front of me was in the middle of an open-square shaped building or four buildings that made a square. But the building (or part of a building) across from where I was standing allowed traffic underneath. It reminded me of the traffic flow of a parking garage. There were military hummers and troop transports (every other vehicle) that were turning left in front of me and parking in an area somewhat behind me. The soldiers I could see had day packs with them, which told me that it was an exercise that was going to last throughout the day. Then I heard police sirens off in the distance and woke up shortly after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment